Welcome to Tranquility Zone, a place for quiet experiences—and fun!
Use your imagination as you explore this Japanese garden environment.
- Walk quietly on the stepping stone path and over the bridge.
- Rearrange the boulders and rake the “sand” in the Zen-style garden.
- Create your own insect hunt.
- Add wildlife and flower magnets to the trees.
- Try on a kimono hanging at the back of the teahouse.
- Use the large, foam pieces to create your own sculpture.
- Discover hidden information throughout the exhibition.
- Participate in changing discovery cart activities.
Don't miss this very special evening, your exclusive preview of the artist's first major exhibition in America in more than a decade.
Italian sculptor, painter and graphic artist Mimmo Paladino is among the innovative artists responsible for the revival of figurative art at the end of the 20th century.
This landmark exhibition will feature internationally renowned artist and activist, Ai Weiwei. Opening on January 27, 2017, “Ai Weiwei at Meijer Gardens: Natural State” is his first show in the upper Midwest as well as the first of its kind for the artist at a botanic garden.