Herb & Gourd Fest
September 14-15, 2013
Saturday 10 am-5 pm,
Sunday 11 am-5 pm
FEE: Included with admission
- Make your own tea bag filled with dried herbs.
- Attend demonstrations by Midwest Michigan Herb Association members and receive tips on cooking with herbs.
- Pose your questions about growing and using herbs to the Herb Plant Doctor.
- Learn how to decorate gourds during on-going demonstrations by Michigan Gourd Society members. Experienced gourd artists will explain how to cut and clean gourds and demonstrate a variety of techniques including chip carving, transferring patterns, wood burning, applying clay and dye finishes and more.
- See a variety of unique and unusual gourds— from gourd tableware and musical instruments to works of art.
- Purchase locally grown and handcrafted products including dried herbs, herbal mixes, soups, herbal soap, lotions, unique gourd art, and more.
- Encourage your kids to participate in an art project using gourds.
Saturday, September 14
10:30 am-11:30 am - Delicious Tabouli Made with Parsley
12:00 pm-1:00 pm - Refreshing Mint Salad with Cucumber and Orange
1:30 pm-2:30 pm - Savory Lemongrass "Wet Rub" on Chicken
3:00 pm-4:00 pm - Hearty Potato Corn Chowder with Bay Leaf
Sunday, September 15
11:00 am-12:00 pm - Delightful Mint and Parsley Pesto
12:30 pm-1:30 pm - Hearty Potato Corn Chowder with Bay Leaf
2:00 pm-3:00 pm - Savory Lemongrass "Wet Rub" on Chicken