Herb & Gourd Fest
Be inspired with new ways to use herbs and gourds at this year’s Herb & Gourd Fest. Discover a variety of ways to use chives, oregano, turmeric, and lemon verbena and sample foods made with them. Discover this year’s “Herb of the Year,” Artemesia, and learn about the many different types and uses. Also at the Fest:
- Attend cooking demonstrations by Midwest Michigan Herb Association members.
- Pose your questions about growing and using herbs.
- Learn how to decorate gourds during ongoing demonstrations by Michigan Gourd Society members. Gourd artists will explain how to cut and clean gourds and demonstrate a variety of techniques including chip carving, transferring patterns, wood burning, applying clay and dye finishes and more.
- See a variety of unique and unusual gourds—from gourd tableware and musical instruments to works of art.
- Purchase locally grown and handcrafted products such as dried herbs, herbal mixes, soups, teas, herbal cheese, herbal soap, lotions, unique gourd art, and more!
- Assist your kids in an art project using gourds.
Herb & Gourd Fest Demonstrations -
Discover New Ways to Use Fresh Herbs!
10:30 - 11:30 am Cooking with Chives
(Cornbread and Dip)
12:00 – 1:00 pm Creating Artemesia Wreaths
1:30 - 2:30 pm Cooking with Oregano
(Potato Salad and Bread Dip)
3:00 – 4:00 pm Cooking with Lemon Verbena (Cake and Salad Dressing)
11:30 am - 12:30 pm Cooking with Oregano (Potato Salad and Bread Dip)
1:00 – 2:00 pm Cooking with Lemon Verbena (Cake and Salad Dressing)
2:30 – 3:00 pm Creating Artemesia Wreaths
Fee: Included with admission