Etiquette at Meijer Gardens
Please be courteous.
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors and to protect the beauty of Meijer Gardens, please observe the following during your visit:
- Stay on the pathways and mowed lawn areas.
- Only select sculptures in the Children's Garden and Nina Akamu's The American Horse may be touched—please do not touch any other sculptures.
- Do not climb sculptures, trees, walls, fountains, rocks or waterfalls.
- Do not wade or swim in ponds or streams.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Picnicking in designated pavilion areas only.
- Pets are not allowed. Guide/service dogs are welcome.
- Do not feed or handle wildlife.
- No bicycling, rollerblading, jogging, skiing, etc.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- No smoking—we are a smoke-free environment.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the sculpture galleries, gift shop or indoor gardens.
- Photography for personal use may be taken in all public areas except in sculpture galleries or during temporary sculpture exhibitions (unless noted otherwise). Read our complete photo policy.