Photography at Meijer Gardens
Photography at Meijer Gardens
Our grounds and facilities are popular locations for photography.
Because we want each guest experience to be memorable, photography (which encompasses digital and film, still or motion imagery) may be taken in public areas for personal, non-commercial use only. Portraiture and commercial photography requires special permission, application and location fees. The purpose of this policy is to enhance the guest experience, offer limited access for portraiture and commercial photographers, and protect the copyright laws and intellectual property rights of our artists and designers.
- All media professionals must contact the Public Relations Manager to arrange photo shoots at 616-975-3155.
- Guests may take photos of public areas during normal business hours for personal use according to the photography policy. Guests may share or repost images through social media, email or personal web pages.
- Drone photography is not allowed.
- Professional photography, including commercial and portraiture photography, is permitted by appointment only.
- Portraiture photography (posed photos i.e. senior pictures, engagement / bridal / wedding, family portraits, etc...) is not permitted without prior approval. Please contact Facility Rental (or call 616-975-3146) to schedule a photo shoot—fees apply and our Photography Agreement must be signed.
- All photography must be conducted without disruption to Meijer Gardens' operations or limiting accessibility of exhibitions, stairwells, entrances/exits and high traffic areas. Photographers are asked to comply with our rules of etiquette.
- Non-flash photography is allowed in the galleries and temporary exhibitions. Due to the sensitivity of drawings, photographs and prints, and out of respect of artists' copyright laws, photography may not be allowed in some temporary exhibitions. If or when photography is prohibited, there will be ample signage in the galleries stating this policy change. We reserve the right to monitor and restrict equipment use during special exhibitions (such as Butterflies Are Blooming, ArtPrize and Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around The World exhibitions, among others). Please note, tripods are not allowed during ArtPrize, Butterflies Are Blooming and Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around The World and certain sculpture exhibitions in the gallery spaces. Monopods may be used, but please be courteous to other guests.
- We reserve the right to refuse permission or terminate a shoot at any time if it is not in the best interest of guests, donors, artists represented in our collection, or if it conflicts with Meijer Gardens’ mission.
- You may not make any images of our facilities, grounds, or permanent collections available for any commercial purpose (including stock photography sites) without a signed agreement and, if applicable, written permission from the artist’s estate or foundation. Fees are determined on a case by case basis.
- You may not state or imply any endorsement of or by Meijer Gardens for any purpose—personal or otherwise—without written permission from Meijer Gardens.