Plan a Visit
Student or Children's Tours
A variety of interesting and curriculum-related school tours are available in the indoor and outdoor settings at Meijer Gardens. Tours exploring tropical, arid, and carnivorous plant conservatories or our specialized sculpture exhibitions and outdoor Sculpture Park, as well as the Children's Garden and Michigan's Farm Garden are available.
Ask about these additional offerings: Audio tours, discovery carts, sketching and drawing, Sculpture Park exhibition videos and more!
For additional children's tour or school tour information call Suzie Doten at 616-974-5239 or e-mail
Bus funding and scholarships for underserved schools are available. Scholarship Application
Child and School Group Rates beginning October 1, 2012For pre-registered groups of 10 or more:
- Admission for children 2 and younger: Free
- Tour admission for children preschool age through high school: $3.50 per person Tours are a one-hour, volunteer-led interactive experience.
- Program admission for children preschool age through high school: $5 per person Programs are exciting, two-hour, hands-on, curriculum-related activities in delightful learning environments.
- Admission for official teachers and chaperones: $3.50 per person
- Admission for additional adults: $8 per person
Other Specialized School Offerings:
- Special Exhibitions
- A unique school event for teachers, students, parents and siblings. Explore the gardens and galleries, enjoy art and science activities, take a tram ride through the sculpture park and more. Please schedule early. Call Marilyn Plank at 616-977-7683 or e-mail .
Eating on Site
Please do not bring food or beverages into the building. There are three designated picnic areas on property prior to entering Meijer Gardens available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are other picnic locations close to Meijer Gardens--for locations, please ask the tour coordinator for information. Lunches are available in The Taste of the Gardens Café at Meijer Gardens or snacks can be purchased at various vending machines throughout the premises.
Teachers Information for Tours and Programs
Visit the Field Trips page for more information about:
- Curriculum guidelines and standards
- Background information about a tour or program
- Suggested pre-and-post activities