Join us in the Lena Meijer Children’s Garden for Backpack Adventures! These discovery walks, led by Art & Garden Play Activity Leaders, conclude with a story time and provide a fun way to explore art and horticulture with “Big Kid” backpack tools. Pick your favorite theme to attend or join us for all five walks. Pack your backpack with a few key tools from home and join us in the Children’s Garden Entry Plaza. An adventure awaits you!
NOTE: Walks are 15 to 20 minutes in length and include a story time highlighting the theme of the walk. Dress for the weather, as activities are outdoors. Masks required. Ideal for preschool and up, but all ages are welcome!
- Monday, October 12, SEEDS! Bring a seed and a leaf in your backpack.
- Friday, October 16, AMAZING ANIMALS! Bring your favorite stuffed animal, colored pencils and sketchpad in your backpack.
- Monday, October 19, READ IT, MAP IT! Bring a map and a compass in your backpack.
- Monday. October 26, TRACKING ANIMAL EVIDENCE! Bring an inch ruler, 2 thick crayons and sketchpad in your backpack.
- Friday, October 30, SEEDS! Bring a seed and a leaf in your backpack.
Location: Lena Meijer Children's Garden