Shows run every half hour, 6 pm–8 pm
It’s an awe-inspiring, immersive lightshow inspired by the natural world—one you can see only at the Frederik Meijer Gardens Amphitheater. Lose yourself in the multimedia merriment of the Seasonal Light Experience at the Frederik Meijer Gardens Amphitheater.
This first-of-its-kind illuminating experience adds new dimension to our annual University of Michigan Health–West: Christmas & Holiday Traditions exhibition and is a must-see for the entire family. Be sure to bundle up and venture out onto the cleared pathways to see the 20-minute show. While you’re there, warm up with adult cocktails—or hot cocoa, for the kids—along with hot handhelds, sweet treats, blazing fire pits, and playful glowing goods from the DeVos–Keeler Gift Shop pop-up, located in the Peter C. & Emajean Cook Transportation Center.
Enjoy this behind-the-scenes, "making of" video, courtesy of our friends at DropDrop.
Know Before You Go:
- Enter through the main entry of the new Welcome Center. There is no entry or exit through the Frederik Meijer Gardens Amphitheater main gates.
- Separate tickets are not needed, your general admission ticket is also good for the Seasonal Light Experience. Members and the public can reserve tickets here. If you reserve tickets online, please head directly to the Entry Desk located across from the DeVos - Keeler Gift Shop. Tickets are also available at the Daniel and Pamella DeVos Ticketing Center in the Welcome Center.
- Chairs and blankets are welcome, but not necessary. The Seasonal Light Experience is a general admission, wandering experience. Shows last 20 minutes and will replay every 30 minutes between 6 – 8 pm.
- There will be five 20-minute looping shows each night of the Seasonal Light Experience starting at 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, & 8 pm.
Stay for all 5 shows if you want! This is a free-flowing experience, but each show does have a beginning and an end with 10-minute intermissions.
- Bundle up for this outdoor experience-snow pants and winter boots are appropriate gear. We encourage everyone to explore the Gardens & Sculpture Park in every season.
- Food and drink specials for all ages will be available, courtesy of the James & Shirley Balk Café Pop Up located at the Cook Transportation Center.
- Photography is encouraged! Share your photos with us using the hashtag #meijergardens