Field Trip Policies and Procedures
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Registration Requirements: A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required for all registrations.
NOTE: We do not process registrations on weekends.
1 chaperone for every 5 children is free. Additional adults are $14.
A minimum of one chaperone for every 10 students is required.
Child Admission for Guided Tours and Guided Programs is as follows:
|Number of Children
|Fewer than 10 children
|$55 group minimum
|+ $1 per child
|+ $20 ($2 per child for 10-child minimum)
|10 children or more
|$5.50 per child
|+ $1 per child
|+ $2 per child
- Includes homeschool groups, summer camp groups, and other children’s groups.
- One organizer is considered the lead teacher. All other adults are considered chaperones (within 1:5 ratio) or additional adults.
- No minimum number of group participants.
- Up to two Scout leaders per group: One is free, the other is considered a chaperone at the reduced $5.50 group admission rate.
- All other adults will be charged the $14 additional adult rate.
Adults with a Meijer Gardens membership may show their membership card and ID for admission when accompanying students on a field trip as a chaperone. However, students on field trips may not use family memberships for admission fees. Admission for students on field trips is included in the group total.
A $50 deposit is required for all guided tours, guided programs, tram programs, and room rental groups. Deposits are required two weeks after the date of confirmation.
- Groups cancelling a field trip 3 or more business days prior to the scheduled date may apply their deposit to a rescheduled field trip date within the same school year. Rescheduled dates must be a minimum of two weeks from the date cancellation was received.
- Groups cancelling with less than 3 business days’ notice will forfeit their deposit.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless due to COVID-19 closures or restrictions or severe weather conditions as defined by school closures.
Field trips take place rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, participation in a Guided Tour or Guided Program is not guaranteed due to staff or volunteer attendance. All field trips will be cancelled in the event of Meijer Garden’s closure.
Eating is only allowed in designated areas. Learn about the options for approved eating and picnicking areas here.
Peter M. Wege Library:
Groups entering the library are asked to provide one chaperone for every six children, and to limit the number of children to no more than twelve at a time.
DeVos-Keeler Gift Shop:
Groups entering the gift shop are asked to provide on chaperone for every six children, and to limit the number of children shopping to no more than twelve at a time.