Meijer Gardens Culinary Arts & Events
Meijer Gardens Culinary Arts & Events is the in-house caterer at Meijer Gardens and provides all bar service. Whether planning a festive celebration, an elegant wedding, or an important corporate event, the Culinary Arts & Events team has earned a reputation for unparalleled taste, service, and style. Combining delicious food with beautiful presentation to create events that are a work of art no matter the occasion, Culinary Arts & Events will delight your senses!
Menu & Tastings
With an emphasis on locally sourced products, we craft stunning presentations to create works of art. To complement the creative component, we have an experienced Event Sales Team to guide you through the planning and execution of your event. To assist you with your menu selections, consultations may be scheduled. Custom menus and proposals may be designed by our award-winning Executive Chef to accommodate special needs and requests.
To assist in the selection process of your menu items, consultations may be scheduled with the Culinary Arts & Events department. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-975-3146.
Meijer Gardens Culinary Arts & Events holds a Michigan Liquor Control License and is the exclusive bar service at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. The sales department is located within the Culinary Arts & Events department, ensuring accurate communication.
To assist in your alcohol service selection process, consultations may be scheduled with Culinary Arts & Events. Call 616-975-3146.
catering & Alcohol policies
CULINARY ARTS CATERING & ALCOHOL POLICIES
Thank you for considering Meijer Gardens Culinary Arts & Events. Whether you are planning a festive celebration, an elegant wedding, or an important corporate event, we have earned a reputation for unparalleled quality, taste, and service. With an emphasis on locally sourced products, we craft stunning presentations to create works of art. To complement the creative component, we have an experienced Event Sales Team to guide you through the planning and execution of your event. To assist you with your menu selections, consultations may be scheduled. Our award-winning Executive Chef may design custom menus and proposals to accommodate special needs and requests. The following policies and procedures have been established to ensure a successful experience with your event.
CATERING AND ALCOHOL CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT PROCESS
- Catering must be secured with a $300 nonrefundable deposit and a signed Facility Rental Agreement.
Menu and alcohol selections are due 30 days prior to your event.
Final menu and alcoholic beverage changes are due 14 days prior to your event.
Final guest counts and special dietary needs are due by 12 pm seven days prior to your event and may not decrease once confirmed.
- If additional meals or alcohol products and/or services are added after the final guest count is given, meals, alcohol products, and beverage services will be subject to availability and will be charged double the current menu price.
- Guaranteed guest counts are used to purchase fresh ingredients for menu production and to arrange for the proper number of service personnel. If a final guest count is not provided seven days prior to your event, the last guest count received will be used as a guarantee count for final service and products.
- If tax-exempt status applies, a tax-exempt letter and ID number must be provided seven days prior to the event.
- The remaining catering balance is due seven days prior to your event date.
- Payment for bar packages is due seven days prior to your event date.
- Lessee must guarantee payment for sponsored alcohol products and services with a valid credit or debit card number (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). Payment will be processed immediately following the conclusion of event.
ALCOHOL SERVICE POLICIES
- Meijer Gardens may refuse service of alcoholic beverages at any time, to anyone.
- Meijer Gardens enforces a zero-tolerance policy for minors consuming alcohol.
- Alcohol will only be provided to persons 21 years of age or older with a valid
- Alcohol products or glasses may not be handled by anyone under 21 years of age.
- Meijer Gardens has a no shot policy.
- Minors are the responsibility of the lessee signing the Facility Rental Agreement.
- Meijer Gardens Culinary Arts & Events will provide bar package services based on the timeline in your signed Final Use Agreement. Timeline cannot be adjusted to accommodate day-of delays or early start times. No refunds will be given due to timeline delays and/or adjustments.
- White standard guest table linens plus up to 10 linen napkins of any color: $10 per table
- Black or ivory standard guest table linens plus up to 10 linen napkins of any color: $12 per table
- White, black, or ivory floor-length auxiliary tables: $20 each
- White, black, or ivory floor-length 120” or 132” rounds: $20 each
- Floor-length linens are required for all tables placed in public areas during public operating hours.
- Some menu items may not be available if the event is booked in less than two weeks.
- All prices and products are subject to change due to market conditions. If a product is unavailable at the time of your event, the best available alternative will be substituted. No price adjustments will be offered.
- Menu prices will be locked in 30 days prior to your event date with a signature on the Estimated Banquet Event Order.
- If two different plated meal selections are requested, place cards must be provided for each guest with an identifying menu selection to ensure proper meal service.
- Due to health department regulations, food items cannot be removed from the facility. This policy applies to all perishable food, including entrees, for guaranteed guests unable to attend.
- Meijer Gardens cannot be responsible for food quality due to 30 minutes or more delay from the scheduled start time.
- Your Event Coordinator can suggest menu selections to accommodate your guests with special needs such as vegan or vegetarian diets, food allergies, or intolerances.
- Meijer Gardens makes every effort to mark food allergens and train staff appropriately; however, manufacturers may change their product formulation or consistency of ingredients without Meijer Garden’s knowledge, and product availability may fluctuate. Customers should also note that consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood,
shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
- While Meijer Gardens take steps to prevent cross-contact, we do not have separate allergy-friendly kitchens and are unable to guarantee that a menu item is completely free of allergens such as wheat/gluten, egg, soy, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. As a result, there is always the possibility of cross-contamination even when taking every
possible precaution. It is, therefore, ultimately the responsibility of the customer to judge whether to question ingredients or choose to eat selected foods. Meijer Gardens will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to foods consumed or items a guest may encounter that contain a possible allergen.
CATERING SERVICES AND FEES
- All menu prices are subject to 6% sales tax and a 25% surcharge or $250, whichever is greater.
- Additional staff charges may apply depending on the menu, event logistics, and service.
- A $3 per person multiple choice fee is applied to the cost of each meal when choosing two separate plated hot entrees.
- Cake-cutting services are $1.75 per person and include china, flatware, cutting, and serving of the cake. You may also choose to cut your own cake and rent plates and forks, for $1 per person.
- Meijer Gardens will provide complimentary china, glassware, and place settings for the number of guaranteed guests. If additional settings are requested, a $5 fee will be charged for
each setting. This does not include food or beverages.
- The listed price for full-service catering includes tableware, utensils, and catering equipment.
- Early setups beyond the contracted one-hour setup window will be subject to added staffing fees of $30 per hour per person.
ALCOHOL SERVICE STAFFING
- Labor charges are dependent on guest count and services desired.
- Bartending service fees are $120 per bartender, which includes a four-hour minimum.
- Additional hours are $30 per hour per bartender.
- Meijer Gardens will determine the number of bars required based on guest counts and final event details.
- Bars will not open prior to 6:30pm for evening events.
- Arrangements may be made for special order products by proposal and availability with 30 days’ notice prior to the event.
- All products will be subject to a 25% surcharge and a 6% sales tax.
*** All policies, prices and products are subject to change. ***
Other Approved Caterers
APPLAUSE CATERING + EVENTS
3755 Broadmoor Ave. SE, Suite C
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
THE CATERING COMPANY
1307 East Fulton
Grand Rapids, MI 49503